Due to continued growth, we are currently recruiting for Logistics Managers to join our Engineering Services Division in London.
Purpose of the role
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the overall movement, distribution, and storage of materials in an organised, auditable way.
- Controlling the flow of incoming and outgoing materials.
- Ensuring all materials and plant are stored as per manufacturers’ recommendations.
In this role, you will:
- Work with the Senior Project Managers/Project Managers, Engineers, and Supervisors to identify material requirements and ensure operations remain cost-effective.
- Oversee and manage day-to-day availability of stock, replenishing materials in a controlled manner when necessary.
- Ensure all orders are up to date.
- Advise supervisors of any shortfalls in stock.
- Monitor site requisitions for materials issued to the supply chain.
- Review advice notes received, and advise the Project Team of any discrepancies or faulty goods immediately, as per company procedure.
- Work closely on a day-to-day basis with the Managers and Project personnel.
- Develop and adhere to the project-specific quality plan, complying with project specifications and HE Simm business procedures to reduce risk.
- Carry out site tours and advise Line Managers on material abuse, over-use and how materials are stored on site.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Hard-working values.
- A good understanding and appreciation of health, safety and wellbeing.
The way we work
As a family-owned business, our values are very important to us. They reflect who we are, express what we believe and shape the way we behave. The way we go about achieving things at the HE Simm Group is as important to us as the final outcome. We have four core values that underpin everything we do and say.
Excellence – We aim to be exceptional in everything we do, and we love our work.
People – We put people first, respect diversity and treat everyone equally. We foster an inclusive culture based on appreciation and respect.
Integrity – Our success is built on trusted relationships. We question everything, speak our minds and challenge respectfully.
Collaboration – We work together to be the best. We understand the needs of others and go the extra mile to help them succeed.
A minimum of two years’ relevant experience within a similar role.
IOSH Working Safely, or an equivalent health and safety qualification.
What’s on offer:
- Be part of a company where you are supported to grow and develop
- Attractive remuneration package
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday buying scheme
- Additional holidays for time served
- Cycle to work and car schemes
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance
- Employee benefits, discounts and assistance programs
If you are looking to join a company where you can make an impact and you are valued as an individual, then send your CV to email@example.com. Find out how we can support your journey and help you be your best.
Applications for these roles close on 1st June 2022.
The HE Simm Group of companies is an equal opportunities employer and partners of the Supply Chain Sustainability School.