Due to continued growth, we are recruiting for Construction Managers to join our Engineering Services Division in London.
Purpose of the role
You will be responsible for:
- Reporting to the Project Manager on site.
- The overall operational delivery of specific projects.
- Meeting projects’ technical, commercial, and managerial requirements.
- Ensuring that profitability is maintained or improved through effective leadership, high-quality client service, and management of the relevant support functions allocated to the projects – for example, commercial or planning.
In this role, you will:
- Work with Senior Project Managers/Project Managers to identify labour and material requirements to keep costing competitive.
- Regularly review requirements and make appropriate recommendations, amending the programme to maximise productivity and minimising cost.
- Ensure that the design and installation meet internal and client specifications and statutory requirements.
- Provide leadership for the delivery team in line with the company procedures and values, working to develop potential.
- Help prepare project cost plans and budgets based on contract parameters and objectives to maximise profit.
- Ensure that the work of the appointed subcontractors is carried out to HE Simm business procedures, project specifications and schedules, and always complies with current legislation.
Ability to use Excel, Word, email, and PowerPoint. You will be able to create relevant spreadsheets and formulae, and create and deliver presentations to team members.
At least three years’ relevant experience within the MEP industry.
IOSH Managing Safely, or an equivalent health and safety qualification.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Hard-working values.
- A good understanding and appreciation of health, safety and wellbeing.
The way we work
As a family-owned business, our values are very important to us. They reflect who we are, express what we believe and shape the way we behave. The way we go about achieving things at the HE Simm Group is as important to us as the final outcome. We have four core values that underpin everything we do and say.
Excellence – We aim to be exceptional in everything we do, and we love our work.
People – We put people first, respect diversity and treat everyone equally. We foster an inclusive culture based on appreciation and respect.
Integrity – Our success is built on trusted relationships. We question everything, speak our minds and challenge respectfully.
Collaboration – We work together to be the best. We understand the needs of others and go the extra mile to help them succeed.
What’s on offer
- Be part of a company where you are supported to grow and develop
- Attractive remuneration package
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday buying scheme
- Additional holidays for time served
- Cycle to work and car schemes
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance
- Employee benefits, discounts, and assistance programs
If you are looking to join a company where you can make an impact and you are valued as an individual, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Find out how we can support your journey and help you be your best.
Applications for these roles close on 1st June 2022.
The HE Simm Group of companies is an equal opportunities employer and partners of the Supply Chain Sustainability School.