We are looking for a Bid Manager to work within our Engineering Services Division in the North. The position will form part of our national Bid team, reporting directly to our Director of Bid Management.
The successful candidate will take end-to-end ownership of bids, from initial agreement, strategy development, bid process management, negotiation, through to securing the project and handing over to the delivery team.
We are looking for a trustworthy and personable individual who will develop and maintain current and prospective client relationships. You will be motivated to ensure that all bid submissions are of the highest standard, aiming to set the business apart from direct competition, exceed clients’ expectations, and deliver a high rate of success.
The key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Managing bid activity in line with our Gateway Process
- Evaluating the specification and re-engineering the installations and systems to ensure the precise provision of the customer’s requirements
- Ensuring that all bids meet both the client’s requirements and regulatory and statutory compliance
- Contributing to monthly cost reviews, feeding back key issues to ensure risk mitigation
- Developing positive relationships with customers with the aim of optimising current and future opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, with an in-depth knowledge of the competition and a wide network of contacts, both clients and consultants alike.
You will need to have a high proficiency in Microsoft Office, with the ability to create relevant spreadsheets and formulae, as well as delivering presentations to team members. A knowledge of estimation software packages is also required.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience within a similar company in the MEP sector, of equal standing on the national stage.
Please note that we do not accept CVs from recruiters.
For the full job description, and to apply for this role, please contact email@example.com.